Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Final View on Visual Literacy

Honestly, this class started slow for me. Then as it progressed I found that I was more and more intrigued. The more subjects that we covered and the more videos I watched things changed constantly. I really enjoyed watching the TED videos. They really make you think. Here is a link to watch some of the videos recently posted. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL454A0274C1223C90&feature=plcp

When I watch movies or play video games I sometimes think way more about why the creator made the images the way he did. It makes me wonder how much of a thinking process is actually put into the creation to make it visually aesthetic. We had a presentation on video games and how they represent women and we also had a presentation where we brought in images that we thought were objectifying women in ads of a magazine. This activity also increased my awareness of how visual literacy is applied in my lives.

The media is a large portion of society's thoughts.Here is an example of what was shown during class.


 Here is an example of what may have been brought up in class.
After seeing these images my mind was blown. Visual Literacy is more then just a word. I believe I stated this in my first ever blog. Now I know what could be considered under this label. It turned out to be so much more then I thought it would be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment